Mon 2 Apr 2018 00:00:00 UTC
Also known as Mediclaim, or Group Mediclaim insurance, this policy provides health insurance to your employees. Group medical covers provide monetary support for your employees if there is a crisis without putting a financial burden on the business or the employee’s family.
Cigna TTK’s Group health insurance product is called Cigna TTK ProHealth Group and offers many benefits greater than the standard health policy.
Hospitalisation: In-patient treatment including room rent, ICU, nursing, medicines drugs & consumables covered without any sub-limits.
Ambulance charges: up to INR 2000. Ambulance must be provided by a registered service
Pre and Post Hospitalization medical expenses: Medical expenses incurred up to 30 days immediately before hospitalization and up to 60 days immediately post hospitalization. This can be increased to 60/90, or 90/180 days pre and post hospitalisation.
Day Care Procedures: The Cigna TTK ProHealth group policy covers medical expenses for multiple day care treatments which do not require 24 hours hospitalization.
Maternity Benefit: Applicable for the first 2 children only. Both normal and caesarean delivery is covered up to sublimit. This sublimit can range from INR 10000 to INR 500000 in multiples of 1000. This limit will also apply for pre and post natal cover, which can be a max of 20% of the maternity sublimit.
No 9 month waiting period (optional)
Baby covered from day 1 (optional-This benefit is generally only available through group health insurance)
Domiciliary Treatment: The policy covers for the medical expenses incurred for availing medical treatment at home on the advice of the attending Medical Practitioner which would otherwise have required Hospitalisation. Cigna TTK Group health insurance covers up to 100% of domiciliary hospitalisation charges.
Organ Donor: Cigna TTK ProHealth group policy covers Medical Expenses on harvesting the organ from the donor for organ transplantation.
Dental Treatment (in case of Accident): Cigna TTK will reimburse Medical Expenses of any necessary dental treatment from a Dentist provided that the Dental treatment is required because of an Accident. Maximum liability shall be limited to the amount specified in the Schedule of Benefits.
AYUSH Benefit: The policy covers you for medical expenses incurred for In-patient treatment taken under Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha or Homeopathy, up to INR 20,000 for sum insured from 2 lacs to 4 lacs and up to INR 25,000 for sum insured from 5 lacs to 10 lacs per policy year.
Worldwide Emergency Hospitalisation: Cigna TTK ProHealth Insurance policy has an option that provides emergency hospitalisation cover worldwide
Non-Standard Charges: Any Doctors/ Surgeons/external consultants fees charged/paid over and above the Hospital Standard Tariff/Package stand excluded from the scope of the policy. The over & above limit will have to be borne by the customer.
Health Check up benefit: The ProHealth Group Mediclaim policy allows annual a health check up at a network hospital. This option is only available in the second year onwards.
Portability: Group to retail portability benefit can be availed at the time of retirement or resignation from the services (provided these events are falling within the policy period).
Family: Family Definition is Employee + Spouse + 2 Dependent Children + 2 Dependent Parents/In-Laws. Only 1 set of Parents or Parents-in-law will be allowed to be covered. Mid-term change of dependents is not allowed.
Waiting periods: The biggest benefit of all group health policies is that there are no waiting periods, unlike in individual covers. In a group cover, there are no waiting periods for:
Pre-existing conditions: individual policies have a waiting period of 4 years before pre-existing conditions are covered. You must be covered under a policy for 4 years continuously before this takes effect. Cigna TTK group health insurance has no waiting periods.
Specific illnesses: Individual policies have a list of specific illnesses which are only covered after a 2 year wait period. This includes cataract, gastro-intestinal issues, hernia, kidney problems, etc. Cigna TTK Group mediclaim covers have no waiting period.
30 day waiting period: Individual policy cover kicks in 30 days after issuance (except for accident related hospitalisation).
Beneficiary name for issue of claim cheques will be assumed as name of the corporate unless otherwise specified.
• Any additions for new employee, spouse / children would be allowed within 30 days of date of joining, marriage / birth respectively.
• Additional premium for each additional member will be communicated, through Perilwise.
• Per person premium would be provided by HO once the quote is finalized.
• No Individual (Employee / Dependent) can be covered more than once in a policy.
• The list of members submitted at the inception of the policy will be considered as final.
• Claims servicing and processing will be done by TPA, as decided by the insurer. A Client company can make a request for a specific TPA.
• Infertility treatment not covered under the policy.
• Psychiatric treatment not covered.
• Weight management services and treatment related to weight program's including treatment of obesity will not be payable.
• Non-Medical expenses including but not limited to RMO charges Surcharges, service charges, Robotic Surgery, Cyber-knife Treatment Stem cell treatment and related events, Congenital external Disease, Psychiatry Treatment, Genetic Disorder, Treatment for HIV and AIDS miscellaneous charges, night charges and other non- treatment related expenses are not payable.
• Exclusions as per Standard Group ProHealth policy wording
• Intimation within 8 Hrs will be required in case of emergency hospitalizations post admission.
• All reimbursement claims have to be intimated to Cigna within 7 days of discharge and have to be submitted for reimbursement within 30 days of date of discharge of the patient.
For the main claim and pre-hospitalization documents,
• Window period for submission of claim documents is 15 calendar days post date of discharge.
• Delayed submission of claim documents greater than 15 days & less than 3 months will be settled on nonstandard basis at 75% of net payable amount.
• Delayed submission of claim documents greater than 3 months will be settled on nonstandard basis at 50% of net payable amount.
• Window period for submission of claim documents is 15 calendar days post date of discharge of the main claim
• Cigna TTK group Mediclaim policy requires that hospitalisation be reported 3 days before admittance, and 48 hours after admittance if it is an emergency hospitalisation
In case of refund endorsements because of deletion, pro-rata refund for entire family should be done subject to nil claims, whereas refund should be nil if the premium is charged on per family basis.
Deletion to be intimated immediately on finalization of last working day of employee. In case employee avails a claim after his last working day, insurer will recover paid amount from available float balance.
Pro-rata refund will be calculated as from DOL if intimation is within 7 days else intimation date will be consider for calculation subject to nil claim.
Perilwise allows you to customise your group health cover benefits online and view tentative premiums as you do. This allows you to tailor make the best cover within your budget and allows us to figure out which insurer to go to a lot faster, thereby closing the entire deal in 70% faster than a traditional agent or broker! Get your estimate now!
We also provide a dashboard that allows you to manage all your insurance needs, including group health, at the click of a button. The Perilwise policy manager allows you to manage additions, deletions, claims, endorsements, and renewals, all from one place!