Commercial General Liability
Also known as General Third Party Liability, this plan covers a range of liabilities faced by a business. The major protections available are against bodily injury, damage to property, advertising injury and legal liability for the insured business because of a personal injury to a third party (such as charges of harassment and discrimination).
Basically, any liability occurring out of the Insured’s compound, products or operations get included.
Commercial General Liability (CGL) policy covers third party liabilities arising from various business operations, be it premises, products and completed operations and/or advertising and personal injury.
With more companies expanding their operations overseas, and with the extension of regulatory regimes, there is an increased requirement to have a comprehensive risk management solution in place. We provide a competent and seamless solution through our Platform, covering both domestic and overseas exposure.
A comprehensive solution like ours enables the policy holder to have a uniform program and a consistent risk management philosophy, improves control and ensures compliance with locally admitted regulations of different countries.
Commercial General Liability Insurance (CGL) offers coverage against claims of physical injury or property damage in relation to the business of the Insured.
An extensive range of Liability loss exposures occurring out of the Insured’s compound, products or operations get included in a Commercial General Liability (CGL) Insurance policy.
Features & Benefits
- Depending on the policy form chosen, the policy can operate on an occurrence basis or a claim-made basis.
- The Limit of Indemnity is aggregate limit available for all Claims under the Policy.
- The Policy extends to pay to or on behalf of:
- Any director, executive officer or worker of the Insured
- Any Principal, in respect of that Principal’s vicarious liability for the negligent acts or omissions of the Insured
- The officers, committee and members of the Insured’s canteen, social, sports, first aid/ medical, fire fighting and employee welfare organizations in their respective capacity as such; or
- The legal personal representative of any person entitled to indemnity under the policy in circumstances giving rise to indemnity under this policy.
Comprehensive General Liability Insurance provides comprehensive protection against:
- Legal liability to pay compensation for physical injury and/or damage to property in relation to the business of the insured(includes mental ailments resulting from physical injury).
- Associated legal costs and expenses sustained by the Insured with prior consent of the Insurer.
Subject to the terms and conditions of the policy, the insured will be covered for payments in respect of
- Claim adjustment expenses
- Reasonable expenses (other than claim adjustment expenses) incurred by the insured to assist in the investigation or defense of such claim or suit
A Comprehensive General Liability Insurance policy can be extended to include the following:
- Medical Expenses Cover
- Personal & Advertising Injury
- Cover for Goods in Care Control and Custody of the Insured
- Sudden & Accidental Pollution Cover
- Liability arising out of Terrorism
Based on the exposure to risk, the above may cost an additional premium. Additional extensions on the request of the Insured can also be considered by the Company.
Based on your needs, Perilwise will package Product Liability insurance and/or Public Liability insurance to ensure that your business gets the best cover.